Tuesday 2 September 2008

...and this is Planet Earth

The below came through in the form of a thing called email whilst I was away at a Conference.

Astrology is not a McBlawg foci, but I couldn't resist posting this as it's so interesting.







BEYOND OUR SUN . IT'S A BIG UNIVERSE.





ANTARES IS THE 15TH BRIGHTEST STAR IN THE SKY .
IT IS MORE THAN 1000 LIGHT YEARS AWAY.
NOW HOW BIG ARE YOU?

NOW TRY TO WRAP YOUR MIND AROUND THIS.........



THIS IS A HUBBLE TELESCOPE ULTRA DEEP FIELD INFRARED VIEW OF COUNTLESS 'ENTIRE'
GALAXIES BILLIONS OF LIGHT-YEARS AWAY.



BELOW IS A CLOSE UP OF ONE OF THE DARKEST REGIONS OF THE PHOTO ABOVE.



HUMBLING, ISN'T IT?

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yes, I love this sort of thing. It's why I keep going back to planetaria in various cities I visit. Things are equally interesting in the other direction of scale, of course.