Friday 3 August 2007

MacJams

Earlier in the week, an old friend alerted to me to a musician community called MacJams.18,000 musicians are currently members.

The purpose of MacJams is to allow musicians to upload their material and to share and comment on each others material.I've uploaded 6 tracks so far:-http://www.macjams.com/artist/steck

Using a Creative Commons Licence, contributers keep the copyright to their work but can legally upload and share this with anyone who has internet access. This is simply brilliant and I wish I had known about this before.Since I'm already in contact with people at Creative Commons in other areas (science), and will certainly be mentioning MacJams. I hope that as word spreads, by this time next year, the number of members at MacJams will have risen dramatically.

No comments: